Friday, October 28, 2005

The Happy Vomitter

One doctor said that some kids with reflux who vomit but gain weight are commonly called "happy vomitters". It seems that Caleb may fall into this category. We are happy that he is gaining weight, but are hoping and praying that his vomitting will stop. Caleb is learning how to pull out his feeding tube so we are feeding him more by mouth. Last night was the first night he hasn't had a tube in a long time. That's good in a way, but it also means that he didn't eat as much.

Hurricane Wilma knocked out our power, so that has increased the stress level a bit.

We could really use your prayers, especially for Janet during this difficult season.

Psalm 91:14-16 (New King James Version)

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat and Janet,

I continue to pray for you all, and especially for Janet.

Love in Christ,

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I pray that you get your power soon if you haven't already! Also, Janet be assured that you are in my prayers and thoughts.

My love to all of you,
Alina

Anonymous said...

We love you guys! We're praying for you and will see you in Miami sometime in January.

Bob and Cindy

Anonymous said...

Greetings Pat and Janet,

I just wanted to drop a note to say hello. You are always in our prayers.

God is Good.

Blessings,

The Gonzalez Family (Joel, Ileana, Eva and Mandy)