Friday, September 02, 2005

Going Home!

Looks like it could be today. We've been here at Miami Children's Hospital for 25 days. Last night, I talked to a lady from West Palm Beach who was here for a month and a half last year. Her baby was born on Christmas Day, and they were here through Valentine's Day!
Today they put an IV in his hand, which is not an easy thing to do. This was done because they ran a lung profusion test in order to see the flow of blood to each of his lungs. A fluid was put into the IV and then in the Nuclear Medicine department, they did a computerized test that allowed them to see how the blood is circulating to each lung. The result of this test was 65/35, which is within the acceptable range for a cardiac baby.
The results for the discharge echocardiogram, chest x-ray and tons of blood work was also ok. We are now getting ready to watch a CPR video and take a test on a maniquin. I guess going home day is also test day. After we get the medicines and the oxygen saturation and heart rate monitor we should be able to sign the papers and head home. A nurse will be visiting us at home three times a week to check on Caleb.
These last 25 days have been somewhat of a roller coaster. We've cried, made new friends, prayed, laughed, been thankful, and made the CICU our home. Today we are happy.
Caleb visits the cardiologist next week, comes back here in three weeks for an MRI, and eventually we'll do all this again in about five or six months when he has his second surgery, the Glenn.
Thank you for walking with us through this. Thank you for your prayers and your love. We are so thankful to you and overwhelmed at the graciousness that so many have shown us. We will continue to update the site with his progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat and Janet,

We are so happy for you all. May God continue to carry you on this journey.

Blessings,

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! He's going home!!! I think I'm gonna cry...I love you guys and I just want you to know I've prayed for Caleb...
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't believe it! Well, I can, seeing how so many people were praying constantly for my Caleb. I cannot express how happy I am for you guys. Love, Aimee

Miami, Florida

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! Thank you Jesus!! Numbers 6:24-26 Love Marisol. GOD BLESSES